Sunday, March 21, 2010

Lai Lai Causal Dining

 

Photobucket

Went to Jurong Point with Baby. Collected my blushers from Elynn and we went for lunch, and I saw this restaurant. It reminds of the good old times I had with my girles. We use to have this as well, at Bugis already. Baby & me decide to try this! Apparently the menu is much much different, as compare to the past.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Saw this placed on each & every individual table and Baby got very excited. Apparently Baby like this a lot, and he can't stop keep placing them onto the saucer!

Photobucket
See the engross look he has? - The love for onions!

We both order a set each.
Each set come with a drink, a side order and a main dish!

Photobucket
Our drink: Bubble Red Tea with Pearls!
It taste similar to those of Bubble Tea Cafe, I don't mean shops like KOI or Sweet talk. This has a much richer taste as compare to them! This is good. :)

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Side order #1: Fried Bringal with Pork Floss
This is yummy! Crispy on the outside and smooth soft in the side, very nice! Together with pork floss, make a very nice combination. Apparently this is quite common. I had it once at a zhi char store in Toa Payoh and it tastes the same too!

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Side order #2: Pepper Salt Chicken, in chinese: Yen Shu Ji
The chicken is coated and deep fried. The outer layer of the chicken is crispy and have lots of favoring. The inner layer is tender and juicy. Good! I can't compare this as I have yet to try this at other stalls or anything.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Main dish #1: Beef Noodle
The soup base is very refreshing taste, with a slight spicy favor. The beef is very soft and tender, literally just melt in your mouth. Noodles is very Q! Very nice!

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Main dish #2: Taiwan Noodle, also known as Mee Sua
There 3 types of mee sua to choose from: Intestines, Shredded Chicken Slices & Meatball.
Babt choose to have meatball. I did not try this, as I do not take meatball, but it look really nice! I so going to try this the next round, which shredded chicken slices of cause!

Photobucket
Guess what I have notice?
A very cute print on the tissue, so cuteeee! :P
:(
Photobucket
Total bill came out to be around $30.25, which is very affordable.
However, we think 2 sets is a bit too much for the both of us. Half way through my noodles and I was feeling so full already. Hence Baby have to finish up his own noodles, my 1/2 eaten noodles and the sides dishes! :(
The next round, we going to be smart, just one set and order al carte instead. :)

If you are interested, you can try this at the following places:-
63 Jurong West Central 3 #B1-60/61
Jurong Point Shopping Centre
(At the new extension)

20 A/B Liang Seah Street 
Singapore 189041
(Just opposite Bugis Junction, when you cross directly from Mos Burger! )

34 months of <3!
A never easy road for both of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment